Baton Rouge, LA – The relationship between the LSU College of Engineering and ISC Constructors, LLC (ISC) runs deep. Co-founders and owners, Eddie Rispone (CM ’72) and Jerry Rispone (EE ’85), Eddie’s son and ISC Executive VP, Thad (CM ‘95) and son, Kevin (CM ’10) as well as Jerry’s wife, Bronwen (ChE ‘86), son, Lane (EE ’15), daughter, Blair (ChE ‘15) and son in law, David Lentz (ChE ‘15) all graduated from the College of Engineering. ISC President, Donnie David (EE ‘85) and Executive Vice President, Glen Gulino (CM ‘86) and 57 other members of the ISC team graduated from the LSU College of Engineering.
Since its inception in 1989, ISC and its founders have contributed to the College of Engineering by giving financially to the College
- Edward L. Rispone Professorship in Construction Management
- Gerard L. “Jerry” Rispone Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ISC Constructors, LLC Professorship in Construction Management
- ISC Constructors, LLC Professorship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Construction Department Development Fund
- Civil & Environmental Engineering Steel Bridge Fund
- ECE Advisory Board Endowed Fund
- Taylor Hall and Chemical Engineering Building Project Fund
Additionally, ISC, its founders and associates have contributed to the advancement of the College of Engineering by giving of their time and talent
- Eddie had early involvement in establishing the Construction Industry Advisory Council in Construction Management
- Jerry has Chaired and presently serves on the ECE Industry Advisory Council and was instrumental in establishing the ECE Industry Advisory Council Endowed Fund
- ISC associates continue to hold membership and leadership positions on the CIAC in CM
LSU has recognized both Eddie and Jerry with the LSU College of Engineering Hall of Distinction Award in 2013. ISC was named to the LSU: 100 Fastest Growing Tiger Business list in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2017.
On Wednesday, Aug. 15, the College and ISC furthered their relationship with a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the ISC Conference Room in the Dean’s Suite of Patrick F. Taylor Hall.
“ISC has made many important contributions to the College of Engineering over the last 25 years, but perhaps most importantly, it has been one of the top, if not the top employer of our graduates over the last several years,” said Judy Wornat, dean of the College of Engineering. “We are very grateful for all that ISC and the Rispone Family have done for the college.”
“ISC is honored to further our long-standing partnership with the College of Engineering and together, prepare students to lead. We are only as good as our people, and it is our responsibility to be committed leaders by developing curriculums that are beneficial to the students and their future in the industry,” remarked Jerry Rispone, Co-Founder, Owner and CEO of ISC.
Founded in 1989, ISC is an industrial engineering and construction company that employs over 3,000 people and has executed projects throughout the United States. The company provides comprehensive engineering services and specializes in electrical, instrumentation, and controls construction services. With offices across the Gulf South, ISC provides premier industrial services for the largest chemical and petrochemical corporations. Built on integrity, ISC consistently delivers innovative solutions while putting safety above all. The company is committed to leading workforce development while supporting the communities it serves.